This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel-Wheel Wireless Live Timing System

A low cost app is now available for WiFi-enabled iPhone/iPad and Android devices.

Wheel-Wheel Event participants that are in range of the MC WiFi network at the track can view Live Timing results.

See the following posts later in this thread for much more info.
    MC Wheel-Wheel Live Timing Expanded WiFi Coverage
    MC Wheel-Wheel Live Timing on the Internet

This app works only with the Wheel-Wheel timing system.

Click here for a copy of the Race-Monitor Flyer which has the information needed to connect the app to the Midwestern Council wireless network.
    www.MCSCC.org/files/Race-Monitor.Flyer.pdf

Go to the Race-Monitor website at www.race-monitor.com/ for more information.

Go to the Race-Monitor website at www.race-monitor.com/ for more information.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BillMartin; 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM.
    Bill Martin
    Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs

Its nice to see some new technology implemented into MCSCC. Too bad this won’t work for HSAX events.
    Best Valid MCSCC HSAX Standing Start time: 1:14.094

Comment

Really?

Comment

I've downloaded it, will try it out this weekend and post comments.

Lance R.

Comment

I just hope that it's easy to scroll down to the bottom of the running order, which is where I'll be!

Lance

Comment

Not in SSGT or ST1 Lance!

Tim Schreyer
            #38 ITS BMW 325is

Comment

Originally posted by Tschreyer View Post
              Not in SSGT or ST1 Lance!

Very funny!

Depends on whether the classes are separated or just the overall order is shown.

Comment

Originally posted by LanceKTM950 View Post
                Very funny!

Depends on whether the classes are separated or just the overall order is shown.
                You can sort the display in whatever order you like: Position OverAll, Position by Class, Running Order, Running Order by Class.

The iDevice app understands portrait/landscape mode screen rotation, the Android app is stuck in portrait.
                Bill Martin

Comment

Great to see Bill.

Do you happen to know what kind of range the network reaches to at BFR? Do we need to be at the base of the tower or will it reach through the pit lane?

Dave

Comment

Yeah, this is REALLY cool! Now my crew/fans/spectators will know what's going on!
                    Lance

Comment

will this work for HSAX events? I know that ACC has hot tracks all the time so you can see lap times on mylaps. but I wasnt sure about BHF.
                      Greg Donlan

ITB- 87 Toyota MR2 #7
                      HSAX- 85 Toyota MR2 #5
                      DP Champ 2010, 2011

Comment

Originally posted by GDonlan23 View Post
                        will this work for HSAX events?
                        No.
                        Originally posted by TimingScoring View Post
                        A low cost app is now available for WiFi-enabled iPhone/iPad and Android devices.
                        Wheel-Wheel Event participants that are in range of the Race Control WiFi network can view live timing results.
                        This app works only with the Wheel-Wheel timing system.
                        These apps will work only for WHEEL-WHEEL events that use AMB/MyLaps transponders and the "Orbits" scoring program.

These apps WILL NOT WORK for AUTOCROSS events that use timing lights and the "AXWare" scoring program.

MC Autocrosses do not use the AMB/MyLaps transponder timing system.

Originally posted by GDonlan23 View Post
                        I know that ACC has hot tracks all the time so you can see lap times on mylaps. but I wasnt sure about BHF.
                        Any timing information at Autobahn Country Club is from their AMB/MyLaps "Orbits" transponder timing system. Only cars equipped with AMB/MyLaps transponders can view their ACC laptimes on the MyLaps website. BFR does not own or operate an AMB/MyLaps timing system, except for the antenna buried in the track. Each track renting organization provides their own timing system.
                        Last edited by TimingScoring; 09-20-2011, 01:08 AM.
                        Bill Martin

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCox View Post
                          Do you happen to know what kind of range the network reaches to at BFR? Do we need to be at the base of the tower or will it reach through the pit lane?
                          Gary Schneider was walking around with his Android phone, it worked down the BFR pitlane almost to the silo, and as far as the Pavillion. Chris Falconer has it on his iPad, I don't know how well it worked for him.

If there is enough interest in expanding the MC hotpsot, it wouldn't be too difficult or terribly expensive to build a WiFi repeater into the MC equipment trailer. Hard to say until we try it what sort of range we may get with a repeater, but I would guess the BFR inner paddock at a minimum.
                          Last edited by TimingScoring; 09-15-2011, 09:45 PM.
                          Bill Martin

Comment

I played with the functionailty this weekend on my Android HTC.

Standing at the s/f line the refresh of lap times was instantaneous.

I had issues with range... I couldn't get much past half way down pit road... and if I went east much past the tech shed.

When switching to the MC wireless network I lost internet functionality... normally wouldn't need them simultaneously but was monitoring the weather and trying to keep up with track happenings.

The only other snafu I found was if you time-out or go out of range, the drivers names never populate again but their times keep populating - the names and other data just say "waiting for response"

My overall review is its great if you are there at the beginning and don't leave the range etc. I think it would be a good qualifying tool or good for the long race as the overall time and timeleft is also displayed.

Talking with Bill Martin, he things with a minor investment MC could increase the range if there was enough interest in the app...

Thumbs up to MC for embracing some new technology!

Thanks to those that worked on this!
                            Tim Schreyer
                            #38 ITS BMW 325is

Comment

I had both the iPad and iPhone at RA, and could get pretty decent signal from the pit lane and trophy area when T&S was across track.

Had both again at BFR this weekend. iPhone could get signal to about the Safety & Rescue compound, the Tech Barn, and about to the yellow chair in pit lane. Started to get spotty toward the silo.

It does sort by class or overall, and has a lot of information on each car, including lap time, fastest lap, time differential, etc. Very neat little app for 5$.
                              Chris Falconer
                              HSAX & Race Steward

Comment

Working...
                              X