Rules change for HSAX 2014 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rules Clairification

Hi all. I did some checking yesterday and find the Eric is the MC Car Classification chair for MC and John Churchill is acting HSAX Director.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by MBC Racing View Post
      Some of the points assesments are out of wack..... 3 points for intake and injectors/carb vs 2 points for cam swap or cyl heads.... you get more bang for the buck out of a cam or heads than an intake. Thats why I am proposing the 2 points for the intake. Its possible to pick up 10+ hp out of an intake swap.
      Did this get passed ?
      Intake change should be only one point .Leave the rule alone .
      A LS motor can run just about any intake ,make huge power and rev to the moon .
      A TPI motor (C4 corvette) with 17 inch long runners quit making power around 42-4300 RPM
      This proposal has little effect on an LS type motor, but its gonna take a big percentage away from guys like me .

Comment

Originally posted by Rob311 View Post
        Did this get passed ?
        Intake change should be only one point .Leave the rule alone .
        A LS motor can run just about any intake ,make huge power and rev to the moon .
        A TPI motor (C4 corvette) with 17 inch long runners quit making power around 42-4300 RPM
        This proposal has little effect on an LS type motor, but its gonna take a big percentage away from guys like me .
        Ls motor only has one choice. Fast is only one that fits under the hood or cowl. In your case, you will benefit even greater with an intake swap and you can do what you want with injectors. If you crank more power out you would have needed bigger injectors too, so now you get 2 PTs instead of 3.
        Brad Oblak -SCSCC
        2000 Z28 #00 AM
        2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013 AM Class champ- Blue Camaro
        2006 & 2007 AR Class champ - Silver Camaro
        HSAX Instructor

Comment

Updates? I want car parts for Xmas!!
          2006 EVOLUTION 9 SE - XM - BHF 1:19.3 (2004-2017)
          2018 AUDI TTRS - YM - BHF X.XX (2018-Present)

Comment

http://www.mcscc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1913

Comment

Sweet .... that injector rule returns points to tuned turbo cars. Those that want to switch to E85 could pick up 100 whp without costing points. In addition it will also be nice to recover that FMIC point. This will be a big help to our awd turbo cars that suffer from additional drivetrain losses.
              2006 EVOLUTION 9 SE - XM - BHF 1:19.3 (2004-2017)
              2018 AUDI TTRS - YM - BHF X.XX (2018-Present)

Comment

Working...
              X