Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evilution
    replied
    Sweet .... that injector rule returns points to tuned turbo cars. Those that want to switch to E85 could pick up 100 whp without costing points. In addition it will also be nice to recover that FMIC point. This will be a big help to our awd turbo cars that suffer from additional drivetrain losses.

Leave a comment:

• snoxracer183
    replied
    http://www.mcscc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1913

Leave a comment:

• Evilution
    replied
    Updates? I want car parts for Xmas!!

Leave a comment:

• MBC Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by Rob311 View Post
    Did this get passed ?
    Intake change should be only one point .Leave the rule alone .
    A LS motor can run just about any intake ,make huge power and rev to the moon .
    A TPI motor (C4 corvette) with 17 inch long runners quit making power around 42-4300 RPM
    This proposal has little effect on an LS type motor, but its gonna take a big percentage away from guys like me .
    Ls motor only has one choice. Fast is only one that fits under the hood or cowl. In your case, you will benefit even greater with an intake swap and you can do what you want with injectors. If you crank more power out you would have needed bigger injectors too, so now you get 2 PTs instead of 3.

Leave a comment:

• Rob311
    replied
    Originally posted by MBC Racing View Post
    Some of the points assesments are out of wack..... 3 points for intake and injectors/carb vs 2 points for cam swap or cyl heads.... you get more bang for the buck out of a cam or heads than an intake. Thats why I am proposing the 2 points for the intake. Its possible to pick up 10+ hp out of an intake swap.
    Did this get passed ?
    Intake change should be only one point .Leave the rule alone .
    A LS motor can run just about any intake ,make huge power and rev to the moon .
    A TPI motor (C4 corvette) with 17 inch long runners quit making power around 42-4300 RPM
    This proposal has little effect on an LS type motor, but its gonna take a big percentage away from guys like me .

Leave a comment:

• Bill Minor
    replied
    Rules Clairification

Hi all. I did some checking yesterday and find the Eric is the MC Car Classification chair for MC and John Churchill is acting HSAX Director.

Bill

Leave a comment:

• speedbugy996
    replied
    oh I agree, the info would be helpful, especially since I'm starting to work on the car for next season.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Minor
    replied
    Rules

Yes but since not all HSAX drivers can make the meeting it would help all of us to be better informed about what happened at the meeting just to know what was discussed accepted and what was not accepted, do you not agree? Club and MC meeting minutes keep us informed right? But maybe this to much too expect?

Bill

Leave a comment:

• speedbugy996
    replied
    Any rules voted on at the RAT still have to be approved by the MC board I believe, so Eric is probably waiting for that to happen so he can put up official changes and not confuse people.

Leave a comment:

• MBC Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by mszm View Post
    I think his point is that there's discussion about things that are already decided.

The proposals are printed after they are approved by the board, but as someone trying to plan my winter build, I'd kinda like to see what changes are being proposed. Is that possible?
    I don't see why not. Eric Barnes, would be the man to answer that question.

Leave a comment:

• mszm
    replied
    I think his point is that there's discussion about things that are already decided.

The proposals are printed after they are approved by the board, but as someone trying to plan my winter build, I'd kinda like to see what changes are being proposed. Is that possible?

Leave a comment:

• MBC Racing
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill Minor View Post
    It would help if a copy of the meeting notes were shared with all HSAX driver so we could all see what was discussed voted on ect. Can this happen soon? This would prevent a lot of needless discussion?

Bill
    Eric took the notes. HSAX drivers were in attendance and voted. What kind of discussion are you refering to? Should be minimal to no discussion any further on the topics since they were already brought up and voted upon by those in attendance.

Leave a comment:

• Bill Minor
    replied
    Rule Changes

It would help if a copy of the meeting notes were shared with all HSAX driver so we could all see what was discussed voted on ect. Can this happen soon? This would prevent a lot of needless discussion?

Bill

Leave a comment:

• speedbugy996
    replied
    Originally posted by Integra111 View Post
    I am curious on one discussion point about his item. Now that someone can change rim diameter for free (no points), they can run whatever effective gear ratio they want (OK, within some reason). However, points are still assessed for actually changing the gear ratio. This makes no sense to me. What was the reasoning for not adjusting the final gear change points or maybe adding some tolerance (like changes less than x% are no points)?
    There is a margin of gear change that is free points, I want to say it's 4% off the top of my head. The main reason for the diameter rules change was to let guys find decent tires. So many of the "good" tires are only available in certain sizes that don't always match up to stock wheel sizes.

Leave a comment:

• Integra111
    replied
    Originally posted by MBC Racing View Post
    deletion of points for rim diameter
    I am curious on one discussion point about his item. Now that someone can change rim diameter for free (no points), they can run whatever effective gear ratio they want (OK, within some reason). However, points are still assessed for actually changing the gear ratio. This makes no sense to me. What was the reasoning for not adjusting the final gear change points or maybe adding some tolerance (like changes less than x% are no points)?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X